Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Skinny Redhead"

I went in early to work today because I was scheduled to do a training session. I arrived about 10 minutes early to make sure I had everything I needed. My boss and I do this training together and although I had seen her when I first arrived, she wasn't around at the time the training was supposed to start. I went to find her in our new office building that's under construction. I asked one of the construction guys if she was in there and he replied that he saw her earlier but wasn't sure if she was still there. 10 later (and 10 minutes late) we're walking out to do the training session and I'm pissed because she was wandering around the construction site giving a tour and made us late. She mentions that one of the construction guys came up to her and told her that the "skinny redhead" was looking for her. I of course didn't believe her but the person who she was with backed her up. I of course was no longer pissed and in fact was smiling the rest of the day.

Later in the day, I talked to the construction guy again. I told him if it wouldn't be considered inappropriate I would give him a big hug and a kiss but instead I shook his hand and thanked him. I told him about recently losing 105 lbs and that he couldn't have given me a better compliment.

It was a good day!

No comments: